Although we’re finally seeing a light at the end of the COVID tunnel, many people–including home sellers–still keep the phrase “an abundance of caution” at the forefront of their minds. Even if you don’t yet feel comfortable allowing prospective buyers to tour your home in person, there are still effective ways to market your property and close on a sale. With the right precautions, buyers and sellers can stay safe throughout the process. The following resources can help you sell your home.
When you’re ready to purchase or sell a Naples or Marco Island property, The Michelle Thomas team is ready to provide you with exceptional real estate service. They will go above and beyond in every detail with an experienced team of professionals. 239.860.7176
Virtual Reality and Real Estate
The real estate market is stable, and tech tools are leading the way in keeping the sales scene active.
- Now is actually a great time to sell your home, especially if you live in a hot housing market. Interest rates are low, enticing buyers everywhere to take the leap into homeownership even though there are fewer houses on the market (a great thing for sellers!).
- Professional photos will showcase the property’s best features in online listings.
- Virtual open house events can snag leads for the sale.
- A virtual tour is only as good as the video you record. Put together a video that makes viewers feel they’re walking through your home in person, which is a powerful and competitive edge.
- Share your listing on social media. You can give your listing a more professional look by utilizing a real estate photographer which Michelle Thomas provides.
Prepare Your Property
Now that you’re familiar with the current state of affairs, some preparations ensure your listing starts out on the right foot.
- Fix any issues that might hold back your sale, especially those with high sale-to-list ratios, including recessed lighting, upgraded countertops, and backyard improvements.
- If it’s time for a fresh coat, choose paint colors that sell.
- Upgrade your lighting as needed.
- Consider refreshing your yard with professional landscaping services. Reliable landscape companies can really enhance your property’s appearance and attractiveness to buyers.
- Polish your home’s presentation for photos and video tours.
Ready for Showings
Whether it’s real estate professionals, inspectors, or house hunters, sometimes an in-person tour must happen. There are several products that help everyone stay safe.
- Choose convenient wipes for sanitizing.
- Masks and hand sanitizer can be hard to find, but you can make some yourself.
- Booties keep shoes from bringing dirt and germs into your home.
If you’ve been hesitant to sell your home as we ride out the end of the pandemic, rethink it one more time. The market is hot, and everyone can stay safe thanks to technology and a few handy products.